Starting today, Snapchat and Ticketmaster are launching a whole new way to discover upcoming live entertainment events. They’ve partnered on an innovative experience within the Snapchat app, with a first-of-its-kind Map Layer and in app Mini that not only matches Snapchatters with events they might like based on their indicated preferences but allows Snapchatters to swipe left and right on upcoming shows, and even discover events nearby, right there where they are already finding their friends on Snap Map.
How it works:
- To get started, Snapchatters can jump right into the Ticketmatcher Mini through the Rocket Icon in Chat.
- There, Snapchatters will be prompted with a brief survey to gauge their taste.
- Then, we’ll show you suggested upcoming shows based on your preferences and you can swipe left and right to browse. (Think of a reimagined dating app that pairs you with interesting experiences instead of potential partners!)
- Once a Snapchatter has found something they like, they can see if their Snapchat friends have matched with the same event as well and kick off a conversation through the Snapchat Camera straight from the Mini.
- Snapchatters can even invite their Snapchat Friends and start a guest list right then and there via chat or post directly to their story to express their interest — all without leaving the app.
- Snapchatters will also be able to peruse upcoming events at venues nearby through a new Layer on Snap Map, a highly popular feature within Snapchat that reaches more than 250 million Snapchatters each month.
- In fact, this will be the first time we’ve integrated a partner to Snap Map through our new Layers technology, marking an important milestone for Snap Map as a product.
- To purchase tickets, Snapchatters will go through a seamless flow directing them to checkout on Ticketmaster.com